“As long as there is that fire in your heart, you will find a way, he sums up”- Ratan Tata
Ratan Tata Instagram Poll
Recently, Ratan Tata conducted a poll on his Instagram profile recently and asked young entrepreneurs who is setting out on their startup journeys. This poll has taken place on his instagram story for twenty-four hours; more than 97 percentages of people prefer to get guidelines from Ratan tata to start their business journey.
Therefore, Ratan Tata shared a 16-page pitch deck template for entrepreneurs to start or expand their business in a simple way, along with a message that recite-
“The young debuting entrepreneurs among you are setting out on your exciting startup journeys, but you’ve often asked what the first step might be. I have, with the help of my office, put together a basic entry-level pitch deck, which if nothing else, might help you collect your thoughts and get started. I encourage you to research its elements, and create your own recipe, that helps you seek investments and take your stories further, stories that I cannot wait to see succeed. Wishing you all the very best!”
What is Pitch Desk for startup?
The pitch deck is considered as the presentation that provides brief views of the business plan. It can be beneficial for entrepreneurs while meeting with investors to raise funds.
Here are some of the essential elements that will constitute a pitch deck:
Creating the right investment proposal is very important in order to raise investment capital for your startup.
Ratan Tata had done something that isn’t familiar on Instagram. In this template, he explained the 10 most significant points which needs to be mentioned on any pitch desk.
- Problems-what is the problem you are needed to solve? Write down your exact issues with some real-time or practical examples.
- Solutions– Point out the solution for a specific problem
- USP– What characteristics make your solution a “never before” solution.
- Competition and Barrier to Entry– How easily is your solution to replicate?
- Revenue model– How to make money off your solution? Such as subscription model, direct sales, ad-based revenues.
- Target audience– How to focus on the target market based on the business size? Market on the basis of age, geography, purchase habits, personal traits.
- Product or Service– How does your product or service or brand adds value in anyone’s life? Explain it.
- Milestones– Point out the milestones you have reached? Explain it with real-time example
- Funding so far– Mention the funds raised through the investors so far. Mention exact numbers
- The team– Explain your business journey and introduce founding members with their strategic thinking.
He also mentioned some of the best tips which might help all new entrepreneurs who is ready to start their journey in the respective industry –
- It is usually not a great idea because you think so, but because your target market said so.
- Validate every possible slide with data. Numbers don’t lie.
- Don’t make the deck too long.
- Getting funded does not mean success!
- Pitch less like a presentation, more like a story!
- Don’t be afraid to recognize that it won’t work and change direction or drop it completely. The right idea might be the next one.
- THIS DECK IS NOT EVERYTHING. It is a good starting point, but might not cover everything.
- Google all the terms anyway to know more about each one.
Each of the entrepreneurs should follow exceptional plans for developing their startups but it is essential to look at best pitch deck template for ultimate reach because it can define the key things involved in the current market with practical example.
Ratan tata explained about pitch deck for startup business 2020, which can be helpful for different people with diverse needs.
Now Just look at entry-level pitch deck, collect your thoughts & get started.
Attaching the pitch deck template shared by Ratan Tata, here. (The file is removed).
Watch the video- Ratan Tata Award Winning Speech